Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Coffee....Mocha....Latte....Mmmmm!



Everyone who knows me, knows I LOVE coffee!! In fact, when I see a Starbucks my heart goes pitter patter!!! Last year I actually bought a Starbucks Logo Car decal....haha....I got teased so much for how big it was that I ended up not using it. Crazy, I know but it's just ME and my love. :)

I started to ponder all the reasons of why I love coffee. It's not the caffeine since that doesn't affect me. I could drink decaf all the time and that would be great. It's not the actual taste of coffee.....I definitely DON'T drink black coffee. I am all about the cream, the fluff, the fat! Pumpkin Spice Latte or Caramel Mocha are my faves!! So after many years of teasing....why coffee and me are synonymous....I had to figure out "why". Today I did.

My sister and I went to Starbucks this morning. She ordered an iced Pumpkin Spice Latte and I got a Caramel Brulee Latte with a blueberry scone for each of us. YUMMM! As we sat outside Starbucks at a cute little table in the sun we caught up on life. We don't live near each other and so it was nice to spend time together. We chatted about our kids, our families and our lives. We talked about what God is teaching us and what we struggle with. A special time with just the two of us.

I realized today that it's not really about the coffee or about Starbucks. It is about the time spent with special people in my life. I cannot tell you how much money I've spent on "coffee" over the years....or how many times I have taken up space in a Starbucks. (Although, I could come close by counting how many city mugs I own!!!) I CAN tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed my time with my sister today sharing our lives....and all the times I have sat with a teenager hashing out life.....or chatting with my friend about how to be a better mom.....or another friend venting about the frustrations of life. "Coffee" for me is not about the beverage but about the experience. It's about the memories made with people I love. It's special to me.

So now, I don't usually ask someone if they want to hang out....or go to dinner or whatever. I just ask, "Do you wanna go to coffee?" Even if we don't end up at a Starbucks....we will do something together and spend some special time. A coffee....mocha....or latte....it's ALL good!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister!! I so agree... although for me it is a little about the caffein with my crazy kids mama needs a shot in the arm about 4 times a day! Love this post... I think it's awesome that at the core of everything... even our sacred coffee... it's really relationship that's the lasting blessing!

    ReplyDelete