Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Reaching far far ahead......finally!




“I do not count myself to have apprehended;
but one thing I do,
forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those
things which are ahead”  Philippians 3:13



Disappointment. Fear. Regret. Shame. Bitterness. I hate these words! Even just typing them makes my skin crawl. This is who I used to be. Walking everyday in these words. They defined who I was. I thought since I had done so many "bad" things and hadn't "arrived" yet, I should carry with me a few of these in order to suffer for my wrongs. I was imperfect. I AM imperfect. On this side of eternity, I will never be perfect! And I am learning that it's okay!

Life doesn't end because I don't have it all figured out. It doesn't fall apart because I haven't attained perfection. God says in Psalm 46:10..."Be still and know that I am God". I am to be still....to stop moving for a moment and recognize that HE is GOD, not me. It begins with Him....with our Heavenly Father who loves us so deeply. I don't have to walk around in utter despair, disappointment or shame. Beating myself up for past mistakes or failures is not what God wants. He wants us to forget the things of the past....be still and know that He is who He says He is....and reach forward to the things ahead.

Do you trust that He has amazing things planned for you? Do you believe that He can make the imperfect beautiful? He straightens out those paths that are crooked. He fights for us when we are down. He carries and forgives us when we cry out to Him!! God says in Jeremiah 29:11 -  "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Dear sweet friends, let us forget the things of the past and reach forward to the things ahead. God has it all under control. He has amazing plans for us. Let reach far for Him and all that He is!!!


1 comment:

  1. Amen! Sometimes it's so hard to let go of the past and the things we think define us... sometimes I have to let go of them 100's of times a day... but knowing that God has a plan for me that are hopeful and exciting keeps me going even when I feel like I want to give up...

    ReplyDelete